About this report
This is the Secretary’s report to the Prime Minister for the financial year ended 30 June 2014.
This Annual Report relates to the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s (PM&C) performance for 2013–14 against the measures outlined in the Portfolio Budget Statements and the Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements for the same period. The report forms a primary mechanism of accountability to the Parliament of Australia in relation to services provided. It also communicates information to the community and stakeholders.
The report has been prepared in line with the Requirements for departmental annual reports for departments, executive agencies and FMA Act bodies (the Annual Report Requirements), as approved by the Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit on 29 May 2014. The compliance index (on page 281) will direct you to where information required by the Annual Report Requirements can be found in this report.
This report is available in print from 32 libraries around Australia and the online version can be accessed on the PM&C website.
The report comprises six parts:
- Part 1 introduces readers to PM&C with a description of the portfolio and a review from the Secretary that includes key highlights and a summary of our performance during 2013–14.
- Part 2 reports on how the Departmentperformed during the period against itsoutcomes and departmental and administeredprogrammes.
- Part 3 details management and accountability processes, including corporate governance, external scrutiny, purchasing arrangements, management of human resources and work health and safety, and ecologically sustainable development and environmental performance processes.
- Part 4 contains the audited financial statements for 2013–14 and explanatoryinformation.
- Part 5 comprises appendices including the Aboriginals Benefit Account and Aboriginaland Torres Strait Islander Land Account Annual Reports.
- Part 6 comprises the glossaries and indexes that provide useful additional information.