Secretaries Equality and Diversity Council
As one of the largest employers in the nation, the Australian Public Service (APS) should reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
The Secretaries’ Equality and Diversity Council is comprised of all APS departmental secretaries along with two external members to provide insights and experience from outside of the public sector.
The Council’s purpose is to drive initiatives to break down formal and informal barriers to ensure the APS provides an inclusive and respectful workplace for everyone.
The Council will implement APS-wide equality and diversity strategies, such as the Gender Equality Strategy, the Commonwealth Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy and the APS Disability Employment Strategy.
- Communique 11 - July 2019
- Communique 10 - March 2019
- Communique 9 - December 2018
- Communique 8 - August 2018
- Communique 7 - February 2018
- Communique 6 - December 2017
- Communique 5 - September 2017
- Communique 4 - June 2017
- Communique 3 - March 2017
- Communique 2 - December 2016
- Communique 1 - July 2016