Australia's first Open Government National Action Plan 2016-18 - Draft for consultation
The Australian Government has released a draft of Australia’s first ever Open Government National Action Plan for public consultation. This is the final round of consultation in a year‑long process to develop the National Action Plan. The creation of a National Action Plan is part of the commitment the Australian Government made when it became a member of the Open Government Partnership.
The draft Plan sets out an ambitious agenda for the next two years, focused on:
- transparency and accountability in business
- open data and digital transformation
- access to government information
- integrity in the public sector
- public participation and engagement