Messaging: encouraging nominations for the Order of Australia.
If you would like to encourage nominations to the Order of Australia awards in your network or organisation, feel free to use some of the following points to get the message out in emails.
If you would like to encourage nominations to the Order of Australia awards in your network or organisation, feel free to use some of the following points to get the message out in emails, newsletters and other publications:
THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA:
- The Order of Australia is a way of formally recognising Australians from all walks of life who, every day, make outstanding contributions to their community and to our nation.
Who can nominate and when:
- Nominations for an award in the Order of Australia come directly from the community.
- Anyone can nominate someone, at any time of the year.
- Appointments can recognise contributions at local, national or international levels.
- Nominations are considered by the Council for the Order of Australia, an independent body which makes recommendations directly to the Governor-General.
- Awards in the Order of Australia are announced twice a year, on Australia Day (26 January) and on The Queen’s Birthday in June.
- For more information visit the Order of Australia page.
- If you need assistance completing the nomination form you can contact Government House on 1800 552 275 or email email@example.com.
Encouraging nominations for women:
- Over the past 10 years, only 30% of all Order of Australia nominations have been for women.
- Women—particularly those working in male-dominated industry sectors—have historically been underrepresented in the Order of Australia.
- It’s time we recognise the work of the incredible women in Australia who make outstanding contributions in their field, to their community or to our nation.
- Do you know a woman who inspires you? A woman who makes an exceptional contribution to Australian life? Nominate her for the Order of Australia today.
You may also wish to look at the Australian Honours and Awards Branch – Report 2012-16, which has useful statistics that you can draw on to supplement the messaging above or tailor it to particular audiences.