National Principles for Child Safe Organisations poster
Domestic PolicyNational Office for Child Safety
Monday, 18 February 2019
Download and print the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations poster.
National Principles for Child Safe Organisations (poster content)
- Child safety and wellbeing is embedded in organisational leadership, governance and culture.
- Children and young people are informed about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
- Families and communities are informed and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing.
- Equity is upheld and diverse needs respected in policy and practice.
- People working with children and young people to reflect child safety and wellbeing values in practice.
- Processes to respond to complaints and concerns are child focused.
- Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young people safe through ongoing education and training.
- Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for children and young people to be harmed.
- Implementing of the national child safe principles is regularly reviewed and improved.
- Policies and procedures document how the organisation is safe for children and young people.