Aboriginals Benefit Account Advisory Committee (ABAAC)
ABAAC are a committee consisting of Aboriginal members nominated by each land council from across the NT. The Chair is appointed by the Minister.
The ABAAC provides recommendations to the Minister for Indigenous Affairs on suitable applications for Aboriginals Benefit Account (ABA) grant funding.
Chair: Ms Donna Ah Chee
Members nominated by the Northern Land Council:
- Ms Lisa Mumbin (Katherine region – Katherine)
- Mr James Sing (Darwin Daly Wagait region – Darwin West)
- Mr Bunug Galaminda (West Arnhem region – Warruwi)
- Mr Shadrack Retchford (Victoria River District region – Bulla)
- Ms Virginia Nundhirribala (Ngukurr region – Numbulwar)
- Ms Yananymul Mununggurr (East Arnhem region – Yirrakala)
Members nominated by the Central Land Council:
- Ms Valerie Martin (Tanami region – Yuendumu outstations)
- Ms Barbara Shaw (Alice Springs region – Alice Springs town camps)
- Mr Harry Nelson (Tanami region – Yuendumu)
- Mr Phillip Wilyuka (Alice Springs region – Titjikala)
- Mr Kelvin Morrison (Tennant Creek region – Karlanjarriyi)
Member nominated by the Anindilyakwa Land Council:
- Mr Tony Wurramarrba, AO (Groote Archipelago region)
Member nominated by the Tiwi Land Council:
- Mr Brian Tipungwuti (Tiwi Islands region)
The outcome of each ABAAC meeting is summarised in the ABAAC message. The last ABAAC meeting was May 2018 and the ABAAC message is available.