In addition to providing tailored advice to agencies preparing a Regulation Impact Statement (RIS), the OBPR provides face-to-face training in Best Practice Regulation, the Government’s Regulatory Burden Measurement framework, Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA) and risk analysis. The OBPR has also developed a massive open online course on regulatory impact analysis (RIA).
One Day Introduction to Best Practice Regulation
- The OBPR runs periodic seminars at the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, introducing various aspects of Best Practice Regulation. This includes:
- the rationale for Regulatory Impact Analysis
- the Australian Government and Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Best Practice Regulation frameworks
- preparing a RIS
- the Australian Government’s Regulatory Burden Measurement (RBM) framework
- Duration is typically from 9.30 am to 3.30 pm.
Planned dates for RIA training at the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet are:
- Wednesday 3 July 2019
- Wednesday 18 September 2019
- Wednesday 27 November 2019
Portfolio/agency specific training
- We can provide training at your venue at a mutually convenient time. Our training sessions can be tailored to specific needs.
- Please contact the OBPR to arrange agency specific training.
Online training & guidance material
The Office of Best Practice Regulation (OBPR) has developed a massive open online course (MOOC) on regulatory impact analysis. The MOOC is designed to improve public servants’ abilities to undertake regulatory impact analysis and develop the skills required to prepare best practice regulation. The MOOC is suitable for participants with limited knowledge of regulatory impact analysis and for those participants who wish to consolidate or extend their existing skills and knowledge.
How to register interest in face-to-face training
Contact OBPR to register for, or enquire about our training sessions.