The Government Business Analytical Unit (GBAU) focused on creating efficiencies and reducing duplication in collecting, creating and analysing government business data.
The unit was led by the Department of Finance. The Australian Public Service Commission and Data61 were also involved in the unit.
In 2019-20, the unit undertook the following analytical projects:
- Commonwealth land analysis ($160,000)
- Maintaining information on Commonwealth entities and companies as a searchable data asset ($70,000)
- Measuring the effectiveness of additional administrative process in productivity and procurement outcomes ($225,000)
- Entity-level mapping of government expenditure to functions ($220,000)
This unit was established in 2018-19. In 2018-19, the unit worked on:
- APS workforce analysis
- A more productive public sector individual assessment
- Entity-level mapping of government expenditure to functions